Configuring IP

rackdie

Jan 1, 2023
Hello there.
I bought Dedicated Server from a hosting company. Can I use different country IP in it? For eg I bought a USA Server and i wanna attach Dedicated Europe IPs to my VM by buying those IPs from IP provider online instead of using what my Hosting Provider gave me
I heard its possible but I cant find any guide of it in Proxmox Docs. Your help will be appreciated

it has nothing to do with proxmox.
you could forward per DNS the traffic but you can not get IPs from A to work on B. at least if the US Provider doesnt have that option
if, and only if the provider for the new address, need to forward it to the US provider but still they will listen to the one IP which is connected to your hardware. in short - No
IP Transfer is maybe possible in the own country but defiantly not outside. the IP Blocks are country based

Reactions: rackdie

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!