Cluster Peer Address

Xela

Oct 12, 2017
Hi there,

I have three nodes and created on the first node a cluster (master). All three nodes are in 192.168.0.x/24. The cluster join information of the just created master node shows the IP 10.214.7.26 which is not correct. How do I set this peer IP correctly that the other nodes can join the cluster?

Best regards

I have three nodes and created on the first node a cluster (master). All three nodes are in 192.168.0.x/24. The cluster join information of the just created master node shows the IP 10.214.7.26 which is not correct. How do I set this peer IP correctly that the other nodes can join the cluster?
On a hunch - does your hostname start with a number (or contain only numbers)? - if yes - try changing it to something with letters as well.

(background - the library-calls and dnsresolution cannot know if the number is to be taken as ip-address (which is after all just a 32bit number, or something to be used for dns/host lookups)

I hope this helps!

Thank you for your support!

The host names of the nodes are: ps001, ps002 and ps003.

Last edited:
The host names of the nodes are: ps001, ps002 and ps003.
And commands like host ps001 and so on show the expected IP address? Consistently on all three nodes?

Each and every node has to have the same understanding of the network. Name resolution is essential for this. You can go the simple route and maintain /etc/hosts with identical definitions or go the full-blown way and setup a real (possibly virtualized) DNS server.

Reactions: Stoiko Ivanov
Shame on the head. I had only changed the hostname in /etc/hosts, not the IP. Many thanks for the hint! (Lucky ;))

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!