Cluster - Backup on other node disk

EdouardP

Aug 18, 2016
Hi all,

I have a 2-nodes cluster. Nodes names are proxmox1 and proxmox2.

I have a VM with ID 100 on proxmox1 and I would like to backup it on a backup disk on proxmox2.

From the GUI, when I open proxmox2 and I click on Backup disk, I have this error:
Code:
mount error: mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting proxmox2:/backups/ (500

I understand that there is some permission problem, but I'm not sure what to do to solve it..

Any idea ?

Thanks !
Edouard

please post more information
Code:
cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg

Sure, with pleasure !

Code:
dir: local
    path /var/lib/vz
    shared
    content images,iso,vztmpl,backup,rootdir
    maxfiles 30

nfs: backups
    path /mnt/pve/backups
    server proxmox2
    export /backups/
    options vers=3
    content backup
    maxfiles 15

Thanks !

how do you have configured the nfs server?

@tom: Ok, I'll remove the 'shared' flag for 'local', thank you for that.

@dcsapak: honestly, I did it few months ago, I've followed a guide and I'm not sure how I did it.. Is there a conf file I can cat for you ?

Actually, I think I was wrong with this shared disk, I explain the situation:
My proxmox1 have a 120Go SSD hard drive with my production website on it.
My poxmox2 have a 2To hard drive with my integration website and other stuff.
So what I would like is to backup my production VM (running on proxmox1) directly on proxmox2, without shared the backup disk, because currently my backup disk is about 20Go and I can't increase it... So my 2To hard drive on proxmox2 is a bit useless at the moment.

As you can see I need your advice to setup my backup strategy properly.

Thank you very much !

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!