Cloud Sync for Proxmox Backup Server

FATeknollogee

May 3, 2017
I really love the idea of the Proxmox Backup Server.
Kudos to you guys for the great product!!

When do you expect to have support for Cloud Sync so one can store contents of the backup server in public clouds like B2, S3 etc?

Reactions: hadrich
is nobody offering this as a service ?
would be better to focus giving service provider that option (or like integration into their sales software) and stay with the ecosystem.
we need better alternatives than google, microsoft and amazon.

honestly a feature like that would kill any aspiration of any hosting or server provider to offer such a backupserver/secondary for good.
cant compete on their storage price at that scale

maybe instead offering a partner system (with some revenue backflow to promox)

yea well i know but this is not what i ment as in promoting. this is what american comapnys have spot on.

the list contains 2 that dont even promote promox on their website or the PBS, 2 that do but only one offers pricing the other wants a request.

real promoting with a possible cashback flow to promox team could look like one click within the interface to a supported cloud provider with an easy as possible signup and transparent pricing comparison instead of working on cloud plugins that will work so so and change their api every other week (looking at the dropbox desaster and microsoft split brain onedrive and onedrive for business which are complete different products ffs)

also leading attention that there are actual hosting partner but also make em to promote this on their site as dedicaded product if they wanna be on the partner site.

and if they cant maybe offer it yourself. then extend this, work with real invested partner and maybe extend functionality and apis here and there to make it suiteable for the business model where needed.
this is to create an eco system of partner and experts that in turn will grow more users and potential customers.

but what do i know... just 2 cents...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!