CIFS: storage is not online (500)

Oops

The exact message is: create storage failed: storage 'backups' is not online (500) when I add a share.

I've made some tests, on Synology we have an LDAP server and the account is xxx@domain.ext, it allows the shares to be queried but it doesn't allow adding the share. I removed the domain part and set WORKGROUP in domain, it worked.

Thanks
Cheers to you my friend...well done, saved my sanity!! This works

I had the same error, My share is Windows 11, after tests i change the domain for my windows host name and it´s works beautiful

I also encountered the same issue, and the eventual solution was to fill in the gateway address in the "Domain" field.(我也遇到了同样的问题,最终的解决方法是在“域名”一栏中填入了网关地址。)

Just ran into this error in Proxmox 8.0.3.
Wouldn't let me add a Samba share.
Workaround: Input everything but deselect the Enable box.
The storage than saves.
Then edit it and enable it an it works...
Hello, your solution also worked for me, thank you very much!!

Best regards. :)

Reactions: Falk R.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!