[SOLVED] Can't Remove Ceph Pool

infinityM

Dec 7, 2019
Hey Guys,

I am having an issue. I have a stale Ceph pool that I can't remove from the server.
I've removed all the nodes except the last one, but when I run `pveceph purge` on the server I am met with `Unable to purge Ceph! - remove pools, this will !!DESTROY DATA!!` but when I try to remove the pool, it just hangs on `checking storage 'Default' for RBD images..`

How can I force the pool remove and then uninstall ceph completely?

How did you try to remove the pool?

Have you tried pveceph pool destroy <pool> --force?

Reactions: Tmanok and manitc
I had this same issue as well, thread helped. Just reporting that the interface never stops reporting that it's attempting to remove. I have tried it three times and after an hour each time, I just refreshed the screen. Box was removed but the job still shows removing in the tasks view bottom of the Proxmox dashboard.

Same problem here, why are we forced to issue ridiculous CLI commands? How about fixing the actual interface

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!