Can't move disk file - and a possible bug report

Ron Gage

Aug 7, 2019
Hi:

I am getting the " storage migration failed: error with cfs lock " when trying to migrate from nfs on Linux to nfs on Windows 2016 (don't ask) and am getting the above error message with a secondary "timeout" error.

While I am working my way through that, I believe I am encountering an actual bug. See, while the whole disk copy/move process reports failure in the GUI, the actual disk copy is continuing unabated in the background. How do I know - the disk image file on the destination storage continues to grow up to the size of the source. Once the file is done copying, THEN the file is deleted. In other words, PM is going through all the motions of a disk file copy/move even though it reports that the process failed.

As for the cfs lock issue, I can ssh into the PM host and manually mount the Windows NFS share (onto a temp directory), make a directory on it and create files in the directory. I can also delete those files/directories - so I am thinking that permissions is not the issue here.

Any ideas on what I should check to make this work?

If you double click on the task on the bottom, what is the output?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!