Cant edit corosync.conf

Lazli

Sep 7, 2020
Hello,

I am absolutley new on VM plattforms. I tried to add in my Proxmox a node by editing "corosync.conf".
After I realized that I may made a mistake..

Now I cant delete the Node which is existent but also not. Here some Screenshots...

1599464818347.png
1599464865109.png

When I try to delete the second node I get "[ Error writing corosync.conf: Permission denied ]"
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
logging {
debug: off
to_syslog: yes
}

nodelist {
node {
name: 001
nodeid: 1
quorum_votes: 1
ring0_addr:
}

node {
name: 002
nodeid: 2
quorum_votes: 2
ring0_addr:
}
}

quorum {
provider: corosync_votequorum
}

totem {
cluster_name: Test
config_version: 1
interface {
linknumber: 0
}
ip_version: ipv4-6
secauth: on
version: 2
}

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you,

try to follow these steps: https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/pve-admin-guide.html#_remove_a_cluster_node

You'll need to set
pvecm expected 1

Your cluster has already lost quorum after your removal attempt, I guess.

The easiest way would be a reinstall Proxmox VE on both nodes.

Hi, first of all thank you for your help.

I went on your link an checked now the nodes if they are existent:

1599470958672.png

sadly I think that the reason why the command "pvecm delnode" dosent work. So thats maybe the point where I have to reinstall Proxmox VE.

Is it possible that I can somehow stop the "Editing" process of a user if not I will reinstall?

best regards and thank you,

Yeah the easiest way to do this is to reinstall.
As said, your cluster lost quorum so you need to set the expected votes to 1 so you can apply changes.

Maybe you should read a little bit in our admin guide to get a better understanding about the whole cluster idea and what is meant by quorum and so on, this would definitely help you in the future, because most of these errors are hard to understand if you are new to the topic.

Reactions: Lazli
Yeah the easiest way to do this is to reinstall.
As said, your cluster lost quorum so you need to set the expected votes to 1 so you can apply changes.

Maybe you should read a little bit in our admin guide to get a better understanding about the whole cluster idea and what is meant by quorum and so on, this would definitely help you in the future, because most of these errors are hard to understand if you are new to the topic.

Best thanks to you I will try that. Have a good day.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!