Can't access proxmox after IP-Range changed

guillem.louis

Jul 3, 2022
Hello !

After moving, I had to switch router. My IP-Range changed and I couldn't fix it through the router, so I had to change id through Proxmox.

The weird thing is, on my router interface, I only see one VM showing up, and it's not proxmox. And I can't access promox through the UI (using the new IP)

I am not the best when it comes to network, so I must be missing something...

btw, I can ping the new IP 192.168.1.45 and the gateway too

here are my configs :

etc/network/interfaces
Screenshot 2022-07-03 at 16.45.31.png

etc/hosts

Screenshot 2022-07-03 at 16.47.05.png

ip a
Screenshot 2022-07-03 at 16.48.05.png

I would really appreciate a bit of help :)

Thank you

Last edited:
What was the subnet used by the old router and what is the new subnet?

192.168.1.1/24 is your new routers I and subnet?

Last edited:
So before the IP of my proxmox server was 192.168.0.42, and the gateway was 192.168.0.254.

To check the current gateway, I used my laptop, which indicates 192.168.1.1.

from my laptop :
Screenshot 2022-07-03 at 17.30.01.png

Last edited:
From Proxmox host can you ping 192.168.1.1?
What does "arp -an" show ? (it may not be installed)
Have you tried a different port on your router?
Is your laptop connected via WIFI or cable? If WIFI - can you connect it via cable and does it still work? You can have different networks between the two.

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

Sorry I was on a business trip and couldn't get back to you !

So I can ping 192.168.1.1 from proxmox !

I did't have arp installed so I tried to install it, but it seems like I don't have access to internet (could not resolve the repos)

My laptop is connected to WiFi, so I checked through my iLo access (which is HP server's interface to access the server through a dedicated ethernet port), and on the interface I am on 192.168.1.1 when it comes to the gateway.

I tried using a different port on my rooter, but it didn't change anything

Don't really know what to do next :(

Last edited:
Hey !

I ended up creating a fixed ip from my rooter interface and giving it to proxmox, and it worked.

Don't really know what happened there honestly...

Hope it helps

Cheers

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!