Cannot update volume group STG-TRUENAS with duplicate PV devices.

rafaelkkksalgado

Aug 3, 2021
Hi, I'm new to proxmox. I have 4 PVE 6.2-4 nodes. I recently added a pool from my truenas via iscsi and created an LVM inside it. When I go to create a machine or move a disk, I get this, how can I solve it please? *OBS, Look the 2 pictures attached.

WARNING: Not using device /dev/sdf for PV Fuxc6P-0GdN-ym0I-mvjc-1Sqq-2Nad-9XfWio.
WARNING: PV Fuxc6P-0GdN-ym0I-mvjc-1Sqq-2Nad-9XfWio prefers device /dev/sde because device was seen first.
WARNING: Not using device /dev/sdf for PV Fuxc6P-0GdN-ym0I-mvjc-1Sqq-2Nad-9XfWio.
WARNING: PV Fuxc6P-0GdN-ym0I-mvjc-1Sqq-2Nad-9XfWio prefers device /dev/sde because device was seen first.
TASK ERROR: unable to create VM 153 - lvcreate 'STG-TRUENAS/vm-153-disk-0' error: Cannot update volume group STG-TRUENAS with duplicate PV devices.

Attachments

• PVE1.jpeg
    PVE1.jpeg
    36.1 KB · Views: 7
  • PVE2.jpeg
    PVE2.jpeg
    32.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Hello, Did you find a fix for this? I have a similar issue, I just wanted to manage some backups/snapshots (create/remove) but get the
duplicate PV devices error

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!