[SOLVED] Bridge with no internet connectivity

balter

Sep 12, 2019
Hopefully the brains trust can help, I'm sure there is an obvious solution here but I cant seem to find it.

Fresh install of Proxmox 8.0.4
Hardware is an Intel NUC with 2 NICs
VM is a fresh install of Rocky Linux 9.2

I have a Unifi setup and have created 2 individual networks one of which my Proxmox server is running on. It has an IP of 192.168.0.100. I would like to spin up some VMs/containers that utilise the 192.168.107.0/24 network, however when I create the bridge (vmbr107) there is no internet connectivity, in fact I cant ping anything at all.

This made me think there was a firewall rule blocking traffic but that's not the case - screenshot of firewall rules attached. ip a shows the IP address of the VM is 192.168.107.50 this is a static IP set up during the VM install and my Unifi controller has a rule that will allow this IP address to contact the 192.168.0.0/24 network.

I tried to ssh into the VM from my main machine which has unrestricted access to both networks but the result was no route to host. So there's obviously something fundamentally wrong with my setup.

I've also attached a screenshot of the nmcli output in case that is of use.

This is the contents of /etc/network/interfaces:
Code:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eno1
iface eno1 inet manual

auto enp5s0
iface enp5s0 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
        address 192.168.0.100/24
        gateway 192.168.0.1
        bridge-ports eno1
        bridge-stp off
        bridge-fd 0
#The LAN Before Time

auto vmbr107
iface vmbr107 inet static
        address 192.168.107.0/24
        bridge-ports enp5s0
        bridge-stp off
        bridge-fd 0
#IoT Network

I'm really trying to understand what the issue is here. Thanks in advance for the help.

Attachments

• firewall.png
    firewall.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 13
  • nmcli.png
    nmcli.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 12
Created a Bond with both NICs, added the bond as a slave to the vmbr0 bridge. Made the bridge VLAN aware then tagged each VM with the VLAN number.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!