bios boot partition configuration problems

Becod

Feb 11, 2020
My server is using LVM,One day I was going to add ZFS in, the build process went well, but when i migrated the VM, the console following error:
Code:
create full clone of drive sata1 (sdb:100/vm-100-disk-0.qcow2)
drive mirror is starting for drive-sata1 drive-sata1: Cancelling block job drive-sata1: Done.
TASK ERROR: storage migration failed: mirroring error: VM 100 qmp command 'drive-mirror' failed - Device has no medium
Then I deleted ZFS, Then add it again, but the console encountered the following errors during the migration"
Code:
wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0, missing codepage or helper program, or other error.
Then the following error occurred in web control:
Code:
file exists at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/storage/dirplugin.pm line 108
So I restarted it, but it couldn't start.

lzFDa5ip6tQEs4y.png

A horizontal line is flashing
I saw its partition, everything is normal, but it just doesn't start
And then I used winhax to look at its first partition
eVuwDIxdhKc9yTN.png

It's all zero
I suspect I broke these when I installed ZFS

Last edited:
My server is using LVM,One day I was going to add ZFS in, the build process went well, but when i migrated the VM, the console following error
How exactly did you "add" ZFS? I am affraid you accidentally deleted your partitions. If that is the case you probably need to reinstall PVE and restore VMs/CTs from backup in order to get going again.

How exactly did you "add" ZFS? I am affraid you accidentally deleted your partitions. If that is the case you probably need to reinstall PVE and restore VMs/CTs from backup in order to get going again.
Thank you very much for your prompt reply!
My mother tongue is not English, so my English is not very good. I use translation software, so please forgive me for some mistakes
I added it on the web
ZFS is empty. When I plan to migrate the VM, The console prompt failure
Code:
drive mirror is starting for drive-sata1 drive-sata1: Cancelling block job drive-sata1: Done.
TASK ERROR: storage migration failed: mirroring error: VM 100 qmp command 'drive-mirror' failed - Device has no medium

Thank you very much for your prompt reply!
My mother tongue is not English, so my English is not very good. I use translation software, so please forgive me for some mistakes
I added it on the web
ZFS is empty. When I plan to migrate the VM, The console prompt failure
Code:
Sorry, maybe I misunderstood you. If you say you added ZFS to your server are we talking about the PVE host or a VM?

PVE host
The storage space of PVE host is insufficient. I need to expand
Please try to run the following commands and post their output:
Code:
pvs
vgs
lvs
cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg
qm config 100

I can't boot PVE host, I'm trying to mount it in another Linux system now, the original partition is intact, but it can't be boot
I guess I broke the original bootloader (ef02) when add ZFS

Last edited:
Now I'm in the rescue mode of ISO
These are output
bBVtmgTJexLKNjz.png
CSTBbeY5PDu3Z8O.png

Now I'm thinking about how I mount LVM-thin to move my VM data

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!