[SOLVED] After upgrading to pve-kernel-5.4.203-1-pve does not start properly

Makaren0

Sep 16, 2022
Spain
Hi folks, I have a problem that I can't figure out myself and would really appreciate any input.

I introduce you...
I tried to update the proxmox kernel through the control panel via web and as usual when the update was finished, I decided to reboot the system as mentioned at the end of the log. During the installation, two postfix and grub configuration forms appeared, both of which I established with the configurations that the form itself gave by default.
This is what I got on console during the update: https://pastebin.com/Agt978Lf
This is what apt has in its logs: term.log history.log

Before fully rebooting the head node I upgraded some containers as well with apt update && apt upgrade without restarting any of these containers.
So I sent a reboot via control panel to fully reboot.
And this is the syslog after reboot: syslog

The machine is clearly bootable, but a few minutes after boot my hosting provider contacted me to inform me that the machine was "Host Unreachable" to them and would go into "Rescue Mode". I have tried to verify the grub configurations without any success, I thought it was coming from there. But the node tries to boot the containers, so I'm assuming it's a successful boot. At this point I have no idea what might have happened after this last update my machine went through.
I have tried to follow this wiki article to try to fix some problem with GRUB https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Recover_From_Grub_Failure and I did not get good results, everything remained the same

Please understand that it may not be an amazing description, but if details are missing just describe them and I will provide them in order to find out what happened here

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!