[SOLVED] 401permission denied - invalid PVEVNC ticket

GeorgeCabraua

May 21, 2022
1655312597883.png

I'm trying to call the console from an external site. I have successfully called so far:
GET / api2 / json / access / ticket
POST /api2/json/nodes/{node}/lxc/{vmid}/vncproxy
I'm trying to call now
GET / api2 / json / nodes / {node} / lxc / {vmid} / vncwebsocket

but it gives me an error. I don't understand where I'm wrong. Can it be from permissions?

It looks like you forgot to URI-Encode the vncticket parameter.

In Postman this can simply be done via the click of a button by selecting the text in the Params field and clicking "EncodeURIComponent".
1655457276879.png

In case you may want to do this in, for example, a Pre-request Script, the corresponsing javascript function would be encodeURIComponent( args... )

Reactions: GeorgeCabraua
I have a similar question.
I have successfully get a ticket from POST /api2/json/nodes/{node}/qemu/{vmid}/vncproxy1658398936501.png

then I hit GET / api2 / json / nodes / {node} / qemu / {vmid} / vncwebsocket with the vncticket encoded, but it show 401 permission denied
1658399041679-png.39181

am I missing something here?

Attachments

• 1658399041679.png
    1658399041679.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 158
I only could reproduce the error "invalid PVEVNC ticket" here if I intentionally messed with the data in the PVEVNC ticket or by waiting until it expired. (As far as I remember the ticket has a lifespan of 40 seconds, so you need to use it rather quickly - please make sure to use a ticket that is not expired!)

If the expiry isn't the problem, I would look out for other things like the vncticket being correct. If this doesn't help, it might also be worth a shot to try making these API calls in a script...

Reactions: xjdeath1

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!