4.2 ZFS and Gluster 3.8 issue (NFS)

syadnom

Oct 19, 2009
I'm having a terrible time getting this configuration to work. Proxmox UI can't add the Gluster volume, it doesn't 'see' it. Some troubleshooting shows me that glusterfs isn't exporting the volume via NFS.

The docs show that prox is going to use the fuse mount to view the files, but then directly access them, but the UI is using showmount to get the list so that fails w/o NFS running.

I'm installing gluster via https://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/LATEST/Debian/jessie/

Gluster is fully functional during this. I can mount it via the fuse mount and it is replicating happily between nodes.

The UI is throwing an error that showmount isn't working (I'm seeing this via Chrome's inspector, not a UI dialog..). showmount itself throws "clnt_create: RPC: Program not registered".

Any ideas? I'm kinda stuck here, need to get gluster going. I have a previous install that this whole process went smooth on but I wasn't running ZFS and it was <4.2 and gluster 3.5.2.

Is package nfs-common installed? And what is the output of

# systemctl status rpcbind.service

well, i was installing prox on an APU last night and realized that gluster is in the prox repo :/ I've been adding the gluster repo so I think I'm having some version mismatch. I'm gong to re-install the two primary nodes and use the 'native' repo and try again.

and yes, nfs-common was installed with the system.

well, I think this one is technically solved. I used the gluster from the prox repo and now everything comes up and I can add it in the UI.

I'm getting a fsync/closing error trying to use it, but I'll open a separate thread on that topic.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!