2. Proxmox Node iSCSI Connection Issue

Einsteinert

Sep 30, 2021
Hello,

First: Our Hardware:
Node 1: Simpsons with iSCSI Connection for MGM and one for Server (room 1)
-> Connectet SPF to SWITCH-1 (room 1)
Node 2: Flanders with iSCSI Connection for MGM and one for Server(room 2)
-> Connectet SPF to SWITCH-2 (room 2)
1 MAIN Synology NAS (room 1)
-> Connectet SPF to SWITCH-1 (room 1)
1 FALLBACK Synology NAS (room 2)
-> Connectet SPF to SWITCH-2 (room 2)

Network:
Our Synology Setup is a HA Fallback system (woks fine) and is Connectet with iSCSI.
We got a Management VLAN, Client and SERVER (for the iSCSI Connections) in our Nework.

Now the problem:
Node 1 works perfect with the iSCSI Connection to the Synology HA system.
We install the 2. Node last week, set up a second iSCSI connection in Proxmox for it and a LVM but istn reachable for the Node2. If i set it up for node 1, the connection works fine.
All pings from the Node2 to the main NAS works too, but Proxmox/Node2 didnt accept the second Connection (Not reachable)
Just 4 fun i set up the old connection for Node 1 also for Node2 and get the same error result (no connection)...

Our Error Log:
May 10 16:43:44 flanders iscsid[1177]: Connection1709:0 to [target: XXXXXXXXX.com.synology:ClusterMain01.XXXXXXXXX.XXXXXXXX, portal: 192.168.--SERVER VLAN--.XXX,3260] through [iface: default] is shutdown. May 10 16:43:46 flanders iscsid[1177]: cannot make a connection to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:3260 (-1,22)

Is there a known issue to fix this whery handsome? Tanks a lot!

Last edited:
Last edited:
My output:

Code:
iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p 192.168.--SERVER VLAN--.XXX nc 192.168.--SERVER VLAN--.XXX2 3260
192.168.--SERVER VLAN--.XXX:3260,1 XXXXXXXXX.com.synology:NAS-Springfield.XXXXXXXXX.XXXXXXXX
192.168.--MGM VLAN--.XXX:3260,1 XXXXXXXXX.com.synology:NAS-Springfield.XXXXXXXXX.XXXXXXXX
[MAC SERVER ADRESS]:3260,1XXXXXXXXX.com.synology:NAS-Springfield.XXXXXXXXX.XXXXXXXX
[MAC MGM ADRESS]:3260,1 XXXXXXXXX.com.synology:NAS-Springfield.XXXXXXXXX.XXXXXXXX
192.168.--SERVER VLAN--.XXX:3260,1 XXXXXXXXX.com.synology:ClusterMain01.XXXXXXXXX.XXXXXXXX
192.168.--MGM VLAN--.XXX:3260,1 XXXXXXXXX.com.synology:ClusterMain01.XXXXXXXXX.XXXXXXXX
[MAC SERVER ADRESS]:3260,1 XXXXXXXXX.com.synology:ClusterMain01.XXXXXXXXX.XXXXXXXX
[MAC MGM ADRESS]:3260,1 XXXXXXXXX.com.synology:ClusterMain01.XXXXXXXXX.XXXXXXXX
looks fine 4 me...

Last edited:
All the obfuscation and line merging makes it difficult to read - I cant imagine any "hacker" out there cares about specific private IP from a 192.168 range that you are using...

That said - it does not look like a PVE/Proxmox specific issue. I recommend you open a ticket with your storage vendor. Its possible you have a restriction of some sort on Synology based on IP/IQN/etc.

Are switch1 and switch2 connected via trunk?

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!