1 Node Proxmox trigger alarm Health Warning Status "clock skew detected on mon.host"

Mar 26, 2021
Hi Proxmox.

Fyi, one (1) of our Proxmox Node (Host) trigger alarm Health Warning Status "clock skew detected on mon.host" on CEPH today starting on (26 mac 2021 6.27AM). Fyi, there are no changes in configuration but suddenly it trigger alarm "clock skew detected on mon.host". Kindly advise me how to resolved it because it is production environment. We have check the physical server IPMI and all component is working fine without any issue and in good condition status. Our current Proxmox ve version 5.2-2. Can i know what is the root causes ? How to resolved it ? The details are as shown below:

1616743390047.png

1616743463462.png

1616743728696.png

Last edited:
This depends on the ntp service/package that you have installed.
There is an ntp service installed, I hope!? :)

After several attempts to fix the clock skew within my HA cluster, I confirm that Chrony is the way to go! Never had a single issue since.....

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!