[SOLVED] 1 NIC, 2 public IPs (MAC binding) + pfSense VM HELP!

Thanks Haider, however the differences between XCP-NG and Proxmox got me thinking a lot, and I decided to compare both versions to see why it worked there and it didn't in my setup.

Lo and behold, for future readers, my solution was to use OVS (openvswitch) instead of Linux Bridge. Holy cow, how complicated Proxmox can be sometimes.

There, it's working fine and dandy:

View attachment 9915

Network config:

View attachment 9916

Caveat: Since I'm using pfSense as a firewall VM in DHCP (107.151 instead of 107.161), starting it up will disconnect the management interface (or maybe block it). I think I have to open the port 8006 in pfSense to allow it to work - which is good, anyways, extra security and works as a failover: If the pfSense VM doesn't start up the default port will be open anyways, and through pfSense I can apply port forward to use other a different port than 8006.

Thanks a lot for your help and insights, it was really helpful as well and I learned a lot!
Would you mind posting your config file for your OVS setup, I have the same problem but have no experience with OVS and its giving me a headache.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!