Error pfsense freebsd

prohand

Jul 27, 2011
Sans titre.png
I have a problem getting started in freebsd pfsense
See screen shot
Can you help me?

Thanks

It is very urgent please, I'm not internet connection because the all traffic bypass on this host ^^

Thanks

My understanding was that only version 2.1 of PFsense worked well under KVM (has the VirtIO driver in base) and that version is still in beta. You'd be best on deadicated hardware for running a Firewall device.

My pfsense worked very well until now before migration in 2.3
I do not see why it would work poorly.
I think there is a problem in version 2.3 :)

Yes I'm running in production, but this is an error :(
I just found a full backup of the server that I have restored.

Everything went back to normal but it would be nice to find an answer to the error message before the release of the final version.

I'm using version 2.0.2 of pfsense

I will not use the test version in production :)

From what I have read on the PFsense forums 2.0.2 doesnt have virtIO drivers installed. so if you want to stay with that version I'd recommend you move to physical hardware. There is a thread for enabling the virtIO drivers in 2.1(RC1) and plenty of reports that it is in stable production use by many users. I'd sugest you start testing this version before the PVE2.3 release.

I do not have the budget for iai put as much money into a machine dedicated to pfsense, this is why I started a Proxmox.
My version 2.0.2 works perfectly, it does not work only in PVE2.3

My pfsense worked very well until now before migration in 2.3 I do not see why it would work poorly. I think there is a problem in version 2.3 :)
Hello, same here. I was testing out 2.3pre (I see that it has been released today :) and pfsense 2.02. Thanks for the advice to try pfsense 2.1 snapshot. will give it a try!

Well, no go with stock proxmox 2.3 and pfSense-LiveCD-2.1-BETA1-i386-20130303-2043.iso.gz. If someone else is able to get it functioning or has information of what to modify, please post here. Thanks.

you've made all the changes as per here? http://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/VirtIO_Driver_Support Admittedly it mentions qemu-kvm 1.0, but....
Hello, thanks for the reply. I maybe misunderstanding the documentation, but, i (we?) are unable to get to the point to follow the instructions, the load process is crashing before the system is usable in vm. Also, I am not using virtIO drives or nics. Again, maybe I am misunderstanding virtIO. Are they just related to one of the options one selects for Drive or NIC or is virtIO the underlying technology that is used no matter what we select (ie IDE or RTLnic). Thanks.
Before you can use a VirtIO device you need to load the VirtIO kernel modules, but before you can load the kernel modules you need to have at least one interface enabled during PFSense installation. Create all vm interfaces as VirtIO devices ****but leave just one default (realtek or intel),

Hi, can your try to add

"args: -machine pc-1.0"

to your vm config file ?

I am having the same issue and tried this and it didn't work for me. I had it working just fine on 2.2 before upgrading to 2.3. I am also running pfsense on 2.1 and even if I try to install 2.0.1 it has this issue... It seems it enters into a debugging mode when trying to load the kernel.

I think pfsense 2.x (and other freebsd?) is unable to run on proxmox 2.3, although it runs smoothly on proxmox 2.2, with or without virtio.

Proxmox 2.3 needs to be patched.

I think pfsense 2.x (and other freebsd?) is unable to run on proxmox 2.3, although it runs smoothly on proxmox 2.2, with or without virtio.

Proxmox 2.3 needs to be patched.

FreeBSD-9.1-RELEASE-amd64-disc1.iso runs without any problems here (on 2.3).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!