Encoding problem in "Action Objects"

wlp7s0

Jun 7, 2018
Good day everybody!
I'm very glad I discovered Proxmox mail GW for myself! Great work!

I found a problem.. Not sure that it can be considered as a bug though..

I am managing Proxmox for some users that don't know English language. I want to notify users about new massage that was placed in spam quarantine. But I can't create an Action Object that contains Russian characters in body or in subject. I see this error:

"Wide character in subroutine entry at /usr/share/perl5/PMG/RuleDB/Notify.pm line 135. (500)"

I'm not a programmer, just a system administrator, but I opened this file and added

use utf8;
use Encoding;

and modified database quarries to look something like this:

Encode::encode_utf8($self->{subject})

And that did the trick! I can save Russian characters in web interface and when I open it for a modification I see gibberish ^_^. But this is not a real problem!

Email that is send from Proxmox to user contains only "Content-Type: text/plain" header. I tried to add additional rule to modify this header, but it seems that emails that are send from PROXMOX itself don't pass the rules and the header remains the same. And that's why, some email clients does not show text in Russian language and show unreadable characters (thinderbird, k9-mail) but some show normal readable text (claws-mail). But the subject is shown correctly in Russian in all email clients I tested.

Can someone suggest?
Thank you!

Proxmox mail GW version: 5.0-61

I also encountered the same problem. I am unable to input Japanese or Chinese in the GUI. I don't know if you have already processed the problem. Please let me know.

Thank you for responding quickly to my question, but the version I am currently using is the latest version.
TIM图片20190116201926.png TIM图片20190116202048.png TIM图片20190116202052.png I am very upset, is it because I am currently in a test environment, I have not subscribed yet?

could reproduce the issue!
Please open a bug-report at https://bugzilla.proxmox.com - Thanks!

The functionality of PMG is not dependent on whether you have a subscription or not (all features are present in the non-subscription repositories as well) - with the subscription you get access to the enterprise repository, where the software is tested better, and you enable us to fix bugs by buying a subscription!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!