Proxmox VE 6.2 released!

The release note mentions a custom cpu configuration file for qemu. I'm looking for a sample file or documentation on that feature.

Thanks

The release note mentions a custom cpu configuration file for qemu. I'm looking for a sample file or documentation on that feature.

Thanks

there's not really any proper documentation yet, but it boils down to
- creating a config file in /etc/pve/virtual-guest/cpu-models.conf , e.g. with

Code:
cpu-model: aes
    flags +aes
    reported-model host

- using that for a VM (identifier prefixed with 'custom-'), e.g. with qm set XXX -cpu custom-aes

https://git.proxmox.com/?p=qemu-ser...76b9521b5e349885068cadafd8ef0401;hb=HEAD#l112 gives you the options that you can set

getting that on the GUI and into the documentation is work-in-progress.

Hi all, is anyone having problems with nested virtualization on windows? It was working fine with 6.1 but when I migrated to 6.2 the VMs on the device manager does not show any disabled or problematic drivers but when trying to start any virtualized containers it says that it cannot start them due to problems with virtualization. I have about 6 VMs (win10 mixed with win servers 2016) all showing the same problem.

After upgrading from 6.1 to 6.2 my networking quit working. I found that disabling ovs_options tag=10 works but I can't find any explanation as to why ovs_options are broken in this version.

Hi,

Unfortunately I have had a pretty horrendous experience running an "apt dist-upgrade" that moved my system from 6.1 to 6.2 :-(

The update included a new ifupdown2 package. This turned out to not be compatible with my existing /etc/network/interfaces file, as it had separately defined network, subnet and broadcast fields rather than using CIDR notation. The result was that I lost all networking and had to access via IPMI. Identifying the problem was not easy as the error messages were rather cryptic.

Upon finally resolving this networking problem I then found my system crashing every 10 minutes of so. I'm assuming this was to do with some sort of problem with the latest kernel that was installed during the update: pve-kernel-5.4.44-1-pve
I rolled back to the previous kernel and the crashes stopped.

The system is a Supermicro AS-1114S-WTRT with an AMD EPYC 7402p processor.

Has anyone else experienced these issues?
Is there somewhere specific I should report this?
Finally, is there a recommended way to apply important software updates but hold back on packages such as new kernels?

Yes i have the same problem. I add a custom e1000e network adapter that gets erased everytime i make a major update and reboot

I would't qualify my experience as 'horrendous' just 'unpleasant'. Yes, same issue for the network interfaces failing to start with the new package (among other things.)

Hi,

Unfortunately I have had a pretty horrendous experience running an "apt dist-upgrade" that moved my system from 6.1 to 6.2 :-(

The update included a new ifupdown2 package. This turned out to not be compatible with my existing /etc/network/interfaces file, as it had separately defined network, subnet and broadcast fields rather than using CIDR notation. The result was that I lost all networking and had to access via IPMI. Identifying the problem was not easy as the error messages were rather cryptic.

The system is a Supermicro AS-1114S-WTRT with an AMD EPYC 7402p processor.

Has anyone else experienced these issues?

Is there somewhere specific I should report this?
Opening a new thread here is often a good idea, often then one (after confirmation of the issue) is asked to please open a to make a new entry over at https://bugzilla.proxmox.com/ to track the issue.

Finally, is there a recommended way to apply important software updates but hold back on packages such as new kernels?

You can either just use the apt install package-1 package-2 ... if this is just for a one time "only upgrade a specific set of available updates now" situation.
For more permanent pinning of package versions you can create a file in the /etc/apt/preferences.d/ directory, for example:

Code:
Package: pve-kernel-5.4.44-*
Pin: release *
Pin-Priority: -1

For more details, see: https://manpages.debian.org/buster/apt/apt_preferences.5.en.html

hi, i need to use wget command to download Proxmox ISO file, can anybody tell me the direct download URL of proxmox iso ? Thanks.

I'm trying to install version 6.2 on Asus Zenith II Extreme Alpha with a 3970X with AMD Series 7 GPU . I get this error message can't get passed it. Any help is greatly appreciated.
IMG_6892.jpeg

if I have a subscription, where should I enter it for the first installation from debian?
* Install proxmox-ve from the no-subscription repo
* enter the subscription key in the gui
* change the repository to the enterprise repository

I hope this helps!

Reactions: Miroza
Install standard Debian Buster (amd64) as described https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_Proxmox_VE_on_Debian_Buster
Add / etc / hosts entry for your IP address - done
Adapt your sources.list - done
Install Proxmox VE packages - error :
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
proxmox-ve: Requires: pve-kernel-5.4 but it will not be installed
Depends: pve-manager but cannot be installed
Depends: pve-qemu-kvm but cannot be installed
Requires: qemu-server but cannot be installed
Requires: spiceterm but cannot be installed
Depends: vncterm but cannot be installed
E: Could not fix problems, damaged packages stopped.
please help

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!