ZFS over iSCSI uses iscsiadm?

Republicus

Aug 7, 2017
I have a mounted ZFS over iSCSI storage device using the LIO plugin.
It is successfully mounted to my nodes

I took a loot into the /Storage/ISCSIPlugin.pm to see how the storage is being mounted. It looks like it is using iscsiadm

But when I try to see the devices
# /usr/bin/iscsiadm --mode node

It reports:
iscsiadm: No records found

I tried
# lsscsi

Which shows neither the storage nor any of the mounted LUNS or zvols that are successfully mounted on my nodes.

Specifically I was hoping to modify the ISCSIPlugin.pm file or run this command manually:
/usr/bin/iscsiadm --mode node --targetname iqn.2003-01.org.setup.lun.test -o update --name iface.transport_name --value iser

So that I can utilize my RDMA/iSER setup on my iSCSI target.

But that command returns the same:
iscsiadm: No records found

Can someone help point me in the right direction?
Thanks

Well, I was able to get those commands to work by first issuing:

iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p 10.0.0.100:3260

The other commands then worked. This makes me believe, then, that the ZFS over iSCSI LIO plugin is not using iscsiadm at all.
Which leaves me wondering how its mounting the storage and how I might be able to switch the transport to iSER.

The other commands then worked. This makes me believe, then, that the ZFS over iSCSI LIO plugin is not using iscsiadm at all.
Which leaves me wondering how its mounting the storage and how I might be able to switch the transport to iSER.
zfs over iscsi generates a iscsi:// path which qemu will take and it uses libiscsi itself

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!