Need to update Switch in a cluster

saphirblanc

Jul 4, 2017
Hi,

The question may be stupid, however I need to update the switch where the nodes in a cluster are (not with shared storage).

It’s clear that doing this will make the quorum unavailable, does it make any problem right now ? I mean, let’s imagine the switch dies or whatever, should I be worry on the fact that my running VMs will be powered down with the three nodes and won’t power up because the switch is not yet replaced...

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I haven’t found any concrete answer.

Thanks!

Hi,
It’s clear that doing this will make the quorum unavailable, does it make any problem right now
Only if you have HA active and/or the pve-ha-lrm is active (not idle).
If you have no HA and lose the cluster communication network the only thing what is happening you can't manage your cluster.
The VM stay in there state.

Reactions: saphirblanc
Hi,

Only if you have HA active and/or the pve-ha-lrm is active (not idle).
If you have no HA and lose the cluster communication network the only thing what is happening you can't manage your cluster.
The VM stay in there state.

Hi Wolfgang,
Thanks for the answer!
When the network is back, I should be able to manage the cluster as before right, without doing anything else (I mean no reboot).

Thank you,

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!