Need to update Switch in a cluster

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by saphirblanc, Jan 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. saphirblanc

saphirblanc Member
    Proxmox Subscriber

Hi,

The question may be stupid, however I need to update the switch where the nodes in a cluster are (not with shared storage).

It’s clear that doing this will make the quorum unavailable, does it make any problem right now ? I mean, let’s imagine the switch dies or whatever, should I be worry on the fact that my running VMs will be powered down with the three nodes and won’t power up because the switch is not yet replaced...

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I haven’t found any concrete answer.

Thanks!

2. wolfgang

wolfgang Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

Hi,
    Only if you have HA active and/or the pve-ha-lrm is active (not idle).
    If you have no HA and lose the cluster communication network the only thing what is happening you can't manage your cluster.
    The VM stay in there state.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    saphirblanc likes this.
  3. saphirblanc

saphirblanc Member
    Proxmox Subscriber

Hi Wolfgang,
    Thanks for the answer!
    When the network is back, I should be able to manage the cluster as before right, without doing anything else (I mean no reboot).

Thank you,

4. wolfgang

wolfgang Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

Correct.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    saphirblanc likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice