[SOLVED] ZFS pool bloat over night!

otoman

Mar 25, 2022
Hi all,

I just came home today to find my RAID 10 ZFS pool completely full for no reason. It's 4x8 TB WD GOLD drives and the max capacity says is 14.4 TB - it was abouzt half full. I have a few LXC containers, some images, backups, a 3 TB virtual disk and I mounted some directories to my fileserver LXC which is used for Samba shares. I've been copying files from my friend's disks with Testdisk (one is 1 TB and the other is 500 GB and they aren't full) and all was fine - I had about 8-9 TB of usable space on the fileserver. Today I noticed that it says 0 bytes free of 4.32 TB (in Windows) which can't be. There were no large backups or such tasks to fill the space since yesterday.
df -h says everything on the drives is 100% used. What can I do? Is it possible there some NTFS or other partition files that Testdisk copied which could screw up the config or something? I know that's unlinkely but sill... I'm kind of stuck now. I've researched around and haven't found a solution or something that would clarify the cause.

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Apparently I'm an idiot.

I started deleting some files and my hidden recycle bin and the space started coming back. It looks like the cron job to clean up my recycle bin wasn't set up right or I'd accumulated a ton of files in the short while.

Sorry for being stupid.

Reactions: andlil

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!