Wrong memory summary with FreeBSD 13.1

seryov

Jul 27, 2022
I recently installed FreeBSD 13.1 with proxmox and it's showing memory incorrectly, it doesn't seem to be updating in realtime, it just increases but never decreases, could you help me?

Many thanks.

Hi,
from what I could gather, the balloon driver in the FreeBSD kernel does not report all the necessary values to make it work correctly,
see here and here. You can check if that's still the case with
Code:
root@pve702 ~ # qm monitor 141
Entering Qemu Monitor for VM 141 - type 'help' for help
qm> info balloon

Hi,
from what I could gather, the balloon driver in the FreeBSD kernel does not report all the necessary values to make it work correctly,
see here and here. You can check if that's still the case with
Code:
root@pve702 ~ # qm monitor 141
Entering Qemu Monitor for VM 141 - type 'help' for help
qm> info balloon
Jup, if nothing changed PVE will just show the RAM usage of the KVM process as a fallback if there is no usable data delivered by the guest agent.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!