[SOLVED] Won't boot after changed CPU from Intel to Ryzen 5 3600

jiuntian

Feb 13, 2022
Hi there, I am using proxmox previously on an Intel platform, with an Intel i7-3770 CPU, and everything was smooth. But since the CPU was broken, I have replace my system to a Ryzen build, with Ryzen 5 3600 and B550. When I try to boot from proxmox, I am stuck on a blank screen with text "Loading initial ramdisk..." as shown below.

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-09 at 12.39.55 AM.jpeg

I also tried to run using recovery mode, from the grub boot entry, however I still unable to boot into proxmox. This have more verbose message, and it shows that the booting is stuck on somewhere.

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-09 at 12.39.49 AM.jpeg

I have tried many different settings in bios, but none have made a difference, and I would like to ask for help sincerely from the community here.

Many thanks for your time reading the post

Last edited:
Updates:

It was actually due to disable of GPU for GPU passthrough, and thus no more output once PCI passthrough is enabled. Since changing to a new platform, the network driver is not available and thus unable to access. To solve the problem, disable the PCI passthrough to enable back the GPU, by comment out the line in `/etc/modprobe.d/vfio.conf` and simply reboot then install the network driver.

have you set some kernel options ? or blacklist nvidia drivers ?
edit : ok, you've found just before my post.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!