dparadis

Jan 23, 2022
Hi Guys!

ive got a wierd problem...
ive updated proxmox on the latest version since i needed support for my Windows Server2022
ive followed the guide to make it work and its been great for a while...
some day, ive installed Datto RMM and since my VM's RAM Usage got crazy (90%+ 24/7)
ive tried uninstalling datto but nothing...
tought i was a virus so i scanned the whole computer with multiples tools and event got a security analyst from Bitdefender look into it and there is no sign of malicious activity

i tried reinstalling Proxmox driver without success ...
since now my 2019 WinServer started to do the same...

anyone experiencing the same thing ?

pve-manager/7.1-7/df5740ad

Please post the output of pveversion -v of your machine.

Is the reported number of 90%+ memory usage within Proxmox or within your Windows machine? Do they both report the same amount of memory usage?

Please post the output of pveversion -v of your machine.

Is the reported number of 90%+ memory usage within Proxmox or within your Windows machine? Do they both report the same amount of memory usage?
yes both report the same usage ... but when adding ram usage from programs it dont addup

but when adding ram usage from programs it dont addup
This seems to indicate that Windows isn't actually "using" all of that RAM, it might just be using most of your still available memory for caching, which is normal behavior on most operating systems. At least that's how I would interpret what's at fault here.

Did you install the QEMU guest agent and more importantly, the ballooning driver?

Also, what kind of Windows and which Proxmox version are you running?

Last edited:
I am seeing this as well with my only Windows based VM. From the minute I start the vm it will consume available memory until it crashes. It just started with the updates yesterday.

I think I spoke too fast, now it seems to be working correctly. No idea why it shut down on its own.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!