Windows Template

Which one should I download for Proxmox? And how should I handle the files I downloaded?
The files are in .zip format but proxmox accepts tar.gz only.

1600345462582.png

Which one should I download for Proxmox? And how should I handle the files I downloaded?

There is neither a PVE nor KVM template available, so you have to download the Windows ISO of your choice yourself and do a default install, then template it.

Merhabalar, sysprep ile windows kurdum ve gerekli işlemleri yaptım, daha sonra şablona çevirdiğim şablonlar VM oluştururken şablon kısmında görünmüyor.

you can download the ISO from the first link and attach it to a VM as CD-ROM, and follow the installation wizard

Merhabalar, sysprep ile windows kurdum ve gerekli işlemleri yaptım, daha sonra şablona çevirdiğim şablonlar VM oluştururken şablon kısmında görünmüyor.

the forum language is english.

Hello, I installed windows with sysprep and did the necessary actions, then the templates that I converted to templates do not appear in the template part when creating the VM.

you need to right click on the template and clone it to a new VM

i've heard about this: https://cloudbase.it/cloudbase-init
but never used it myself.

sysprep, powershell scripts etc. are another way of doing this.

basically you can write some scripts to run on first boot to customize the system according to a config file, then turn that un-customized VM into a template on PVE.
after cloning the template and booting the new VM you can customize it with your scripts/sysprep easily

i've heard about this: https://cloudbase.it/cloudbase-init
but never used it myself.

sysprep, powershell scripts etc. are another way of doing this.

basically you can write some scripts to run on first boot to customize the system according to a config file, then turn that un-customized VM into a template on PVE.
after cloning the template and booting the new VM you can customize it with your scripts/sysprep easily
Im using this cloud init and working well.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!