Wifi connection

sophie2022

Jun 2, 2022
Hello,
Please I need some help to connect my proxmox machine to my WiFi. This is my /etc/network/interface content:

Code:
auto lo

iface lo inet loopback

# Wireless interface

allow-hotplug wlo1

iface wlp1s0 inet static

address 192.168.1.30/24 #IP of my WiFi card

gateway 192.168.1.254 #gw of my WiFi card

wpa-ssid ***

wpa-psk ***

# Virtual Bridge interface

auto vmbr0

iface vmbr0 inet static

address 192.168.0.10/24  #ip used in the proxmox interface : https://192.168.0.10:8006

bridge-ports none

bridge-stp off

bridge-fd 0

post-up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

post-up iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s '192.168.0.0/24' -o wlo1 -j MASQUERADE

post-down iptables -t nat -D POSTROUTING -s '192.168.0.0/24' -o wlo1 -j MASQUERADE

ip route returns:

Code:
default via 192.168.200.1 dev wlo1 proto kernel scope onlink linkdown

192.168.200.0/24 dev vmbr0 proto kernel scope link 192.168.0.10 linkdown

192.168.200.0/24 dev wlo1 proto kernel scope link 192.168.1.30 linkdown

Links don't work...they are down. I dont understand what is the problem..
Any help please ?

Last edited:
allow-hotplug wlo1
This should probably be wlp1s0, which I assume is your wlan adapter (check with iw dev, assuming you have installed iw). After making the config, bring your interface up with ifup wlp1s0 and check the output of ip addr.

Same for the iptables masquerade setup, here also the interface name is probably wrong?

Note however that running your PVE host via Wifi is not recommended at all.

Last edited:
Thanks Chris for your help. I tried what you proposed to me but still have the problem.

For PVE host via WiFi, I have to do it because I work in some rooms where there is only wireless connection.

Thanks Chris for your help. I tried what you proposed to me but still have the problem.

For PVE host via WiFi, I have to do it because I work in some rooms where there is only wireless connection.
So what exactly is the problem? Can you post some more information?

What is the current status of:
  • ip addr
  • systemctl status wpa_supplicant

You could try to follow the ifupdown example for wifi setup of debian https://wiki.debian.org/WiFi/HowToUse#Using_ifupdown
Make sure to have all required packages installed.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!