what support do I get for my money?

diversity

Feb 19, 2020
I really do not mean disrespect @martin
I respect and love proxmox and your team.

But I have asked onthis forum some times if something would be covered by getting a subscription.
The answer was always
radio silence.

So I am not sure what https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/p...ptions-and-why-everybody-should-buy-one.9244/
is supposed to mean.

Once again, I am really considering getting a subscription, but until this day I have no heard yet that my particular use cases will be covered.

and before we start asking. 'what is your use case'please address my earlier questions related to the level of supprt regarding certain issues first then.

So my raising a concern about ZFS is NOT amongst those.

Last edited:
The answer was always
radio silence.

Cannot believe this, our team answers commercial requests as soon as possible.

If you need to know more details about our commercial services, please take a look on www.proxmox.com or write to office-at-proxmox.com.

Now once again, I am not here to start a fight. In fact I am leaning towards this great community.

Please note that this is a forum with mostly volunteers spending their time here freely and for free. I see the Proxmox staff respond to threads often but I don't think they an obligation to anyone here (even with a community subscription). The more generic a question, the less number of (useful) answers, in my experience here.
If you want guaranteed response times, you need to use one of your support tickets that come with a subscription. For more specific inquiries about this, you probably need to contact the Proxmox sales or a Proxmox partner/reseller near you,
Note that I'm also just a stranger on the internet with just an opinion and I could be wrong about everything.

Please note that this is a forum with mostly volunteers spending their time here freely and for free. I see the Proxmox staff respond to threads often but I don't think they an obligation to anyone here (even with a community subscription). The more generic a question, the less number of (useful) answers, in my experience here.
If you want guaranteed response times, you need to use one of your support tickets that come with a subscription. For more specific inquiries about this, you probably need to contact the Proxmox sales or a Proxmox partner/reseller near you,
Note that I'm also just a stranger on the internet with just an opinion and I could be wrong about everything.
ok Leesteken, I was under the impression that both Martin and Tom were Proxmox team members. From the same team that never addressed this specific questions of mine.

For the rest of us yes, all volunteer and such.

See https://www.proxmox.com/en/proxmox-ve/pricing for the different support level and their difference and read the Subscription Agreement with FAQ that is linked there...

A staff member already tried to give you information on how ZFS works in your case/question here in the community forum, buying a subscription won't fundamentally change that or how ZFS works, which is tuned for real life not synthetic tests...
You might also want to ensure your mail address is actually correctly set for the root@pam account to get notifications from SMART/ZED/...
If you want additional monitoring for disk or other failures then set up a monitoring software like for example zabbix.

I was under the impression that both Martin and Tom were Proxmox team members.
Team members or not, this is always the community forum.

here is one example
As tom wrote:
If you need to know more details about our commercial services, please take a look on www.proxmox.com or write to office-at-proxmox.com.
You're still asking around in the community forum about commercial services...

Reactions: fluxX04

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!