What is the meaning of KAM_DMARC_REJECT?

Feb 18, 2016
I'm trying to configure PMG with unbound as local DNS, as explained here. And it seems to work because my firewall logs shows the PMG server is connecting with multiple IP's on port 53 every time I get an incoming email.

But I'm also seeing a lot of false positives with this hit:

Code:
KAM_DMARC_REJECT            3 DKIM has Failed or SPF has failed on the message and the domain has a DMARC reject policy

Does this mean that my PMG failed to make a SPF/DKIM tests? meaning some kind of DNS fail?

Or it means that the problem is with the senders address/server/domain?

If your setup is ok, then this means that the mail came from a host not designated by the spf record or that it did not have a valid DKIM signature.
So normally this is a problem on the sender side.

Ok. Thank you. I increased the spam level from 3 to 4 to prevent this false positives.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!