Webui not loading

natemscape

Jan 2, 2021
I have tried everything that I can think of. I recently installed pve 6.3-1 on a new server. I have tried numerous web browsers to get the https webui to load, but nothing. I can ssh in and have checked everything, even ran updates and other suggestions from the forums.

1. I have tried on chrome and firefox, it gives me the standard risk warning and i accept and move on, the web page looks like it loading, but there is a blank screen. I have tried view source and it shows the details, but the login never shows up.
2. tried from phone, windows, and mac. no luck with any of them.
3. I have unplugged everything else on the network just to make sure the ip address conflict if it is being used by something else already
4. I reinstalled on a different boot drive with a different ip address and the same issue
5. I have turned off every extension in chrome and no luck

Any suggestions would be helpful, I am gonna try reinstalling one more time I havent changed anything on the last install off default, except install location and hostname.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 6.12.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 6.12.50 PM.png
    80.4 KB · Views: 18
Have you checked your system time?
Also make sure that on the client-side nothing is blocking (browser extension, etc)

I have checked system time, its weird, I spun up a proxmox vm with the iso on a unraid server i have and the login screen loaded right up no issue on the same browsers that wont load the r730 proxmox version. I am thoroughly confused now.

Any ideas would be awesome, because i am out of them

Do you use multiple NICs in a team?
Try with only one cable.
Also try resetting your switch - I have had strange issues on my HP switches after a few months uptime...

I had unplugged everything but the r730 just to make sure there wasnt a IP conflict earlier. I just had a thought, the only thing i changed from the server install to the VM is the password. can i use special characters in the password like the @ symbol. the documentation says it will accept them.

I reinstalled with a password without "@" and now it loads fine. I glad it works but man what a pain. I dont know if this is a new bug, or known, Thanks for the help tburger.

So far, I could not reproduce this on the most recent version PVE 6.3-2.
  • Installed a VM with some @ in the password => Login in web GUI worked (without any of the net errors from the screenshot)
  • Changed password to have even more @ => Still works

I had the same issue after installing a new node and adding it to an existing cluster. I found this advice on Reddit and it fixed my issue with not being able to pull up the web gui

Remote into the server and typed "systemctl stop pvedaemon.service" followed by "systemctl start pvedaemon.service", then did the exact same thing for pveproxy.service

1625857131143.png

After this I was able to pull up the web gui and just a cautionary warning it took about 30 seconds or so for some reason before it would accept my login credentials. So if you try to login and it fails give it a bit and try again.

Hope this helps...

I was having the exact same issue. No matter what, in every browser I would open 'https://myhost:8006/', and it would just spin indefinitely. If i tried 'https://my.host.ip.addr:8006/', I'd get a certificate warning, accept it, and it would just spin again.
I have two Proxmox hosts both with two adapters (one management, and one for NFS and host to host stuff). Both adapters are on different vlans from my workstation. I don;t have any firewall rules preventing the connection and even added one explicitly allowing all connections from my vlan and still nothing. I connected another adapter on my workstation to the 'management' vlan and everything started working.
I dont know if any of this if useful, but hopefully it helps

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!