Web UI not listening on all interfaces

eexodus

Jan 25, 2017
At first I had Proxmox working using the interface enp2s0f0 and bridge vmbr0 which is connected to a DHCP private network. I wanted one VM to be reachable from WAN though so I added enp2s0f1 and masqueraded vmbr1 which is connected to a static public IP address.

Everything works but once I connected and enabled the second interface enp2s0f1 Proxmox's web UI stopped listening on enp2s0f0 and started exclusively being accessible from enp2s0f1. This isn't ideal because I'd rather not have the web UI visible on the Internet. To that end I used pveproxy to block access to the web UI from the Internet, but is there a way to explicitly tell Proxmox's web UI on which interface to listen to?

Other forum posts say the Proxmox web UI listens on all interfaces, but that isn't the case for my configuration.

Attach your "/etc/network/interfaces", the output of "netstat -na" and "route -n" (remove public ip addresses)
You can tell proxmox on wich interface not listen using firewall from web ui

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!