[SOLVED] VNC viewer blocked by java 1.8

MindAndGo

Aug 3, 2014
Hy,

I'm Trying to reach my vnc client thanks to my latest java install 1.8.
Unfortunately I have this message :
Code:
Missing Application-Name manifest attribute for: https://A.B.C.D:8006/vncterm/VncViewer.jar

I clear all my cached, add the https://A.B.C.D and http://A.B.C.D in the security exception list of the control panel, no more success.
I'm working with proxmox 2.3.13

Any idea would be appreciated

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks to all of you,

Is there any safe procedure for migration from 2.3.13 to the latest 3.x?

regards

Thanks Nico,

My experience regarding upgrades between major releases is that it wasn't as easy as many people declared. But it's maybe an outdated experience, that's why I'm asking to the community its feedback.
regards

I upgraded from 2.x to 3.1 (as that wiki article says), and worked flawlessly.

Just to be confident about the procedure, I just created a (self) virtualized 2.x cluster and upgraded that.
Tested storage, network, etc, until I was convinced. Then, upgrade to real cluster worked flawlessly.

Marco

Hy,

I used the official script an follow the howto. Everything seems to be Ok.
Unfortunately, lauching the command
Code:
/pve-upgrade-2.3-to-3.0 --purge
failed with the result
Code:
apt-get clean
wrong version for package 'proxmox-ve-2.6.32' (not installed <= 3.1-114)
wrong version for package 'pve-manager' (not installed <= 3.1-21)
upgrade failed
pve-manager was not present so I reinstall it and it looks like proxmox restarted normally. Should I declare a bug for this?

regards

Here is my package list :
HTML:
dpkg-query -l 'pve*'
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                 Version         Architecture    Description
+++-====================-===============-===============-==============================================
ii  pve-cluster          3.0-12          amd64           Cluster Infrastructure for Proxmox Virtual Env
ii  pve-firmware         1.1-3           all             Binary firmware code for the pve-kernel
ii  pve-kernel-2.6.32-11 2.6.32-66       amd64           The Proxmox PVE Kernel Image
ii  pve-kernel-2.6.32-19 2.6.32-96       amd64           The Proxmox PVE Kernel Image
ii  pve-kernel-2.6.32-26 2.6.32-114      amd64           The Proxmox PVE Kernel Image
ii  pve-kernel-2.6.32-31 2.6.32-132      amd64           The Proxmox PVE Kernel Image
un  pve-kvm              <none>                          (no description available)
ii  pve-libspice-server1 0.12.4-3        amd64           SPICE remote display system server library
ii  pve-manager          3.2-4           amd64           The Proxmox Virtual Environment
ii  pve-qemu-kvm         1.7-8           amd64           Full virtualization on x86 hardware
un  pve-qemu-kvm-2.6.18  <none>

Is anyone could tell me if everything is OK?

regards

From one of my proxmox:
Code:
dpkg-query -l 'pve*'
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                Version        Architecture   Description
+++-===================-==============-==============-===========================================
ii  pve-cluster         3.0-12         amd64          Cluster Infrastructure for Proxmox Virtual 
ii  pve-firmware        1.1-3          all            Binary firmware code for the pve-kernel
un  pve-kernel          <none>                        (no description available)
ii  pve-kernel-2.6.32-3 2.6.32-130     amd64          The Proxmox PVE Kernel Image
ii  pve-kernel-2.6.32-3 2.6.32-132     amd64          The Proxmox PVE Kernel Image
un  pve-kvm             <none>                        (no description available)
ii  pve-libspice-server 0.12.4-3       amd64          SPICE remote display system server library
ii  pve-manager         3.2-4          amd64          The Proxmox Virtual Environment
ii  pve-qemu-kvm        1.7-8          amd64          Full virtualization on x86 hardware
un  pve-qemu-kvm-2.6.18 <none>                        (no description available)
Looks the same so it should be ok.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!