VM live migration via the GUI (Local storage)

benutne

Oct 5, 2018
After a few google searches, I found that live migration while on local storage is possible using the CLI. I was unable to do it using the GUI though. Is there some reason the GUI doesn't support shared nothing live migrations? Or have I missed a checkbox someplace?

there are still many cases where it is not quite stable so we do not put it on the gui for now

there are still many cases where it is not quite stable so we do not put it on the gui for now
Ah, I see. Thanks. So for now I just have to tell my users to shut the machine down to migrate it? I don't want to give them console access for a variety of reasons.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!