Vm configuration

AndreyR

Jan 13, 2023
Perhaps a stupid question, I looked through the qemu documentation, searched Google as much as I could, but I didn't find documentation where I could see all the possible args parameters for the vm configuration, I need to change the information about the motherboard and bios so that it looks like I'm not working in a virtual machine. Could someone please share information about this?

Hi,
with args you can pass all parameters for QEMU/KVM directly, see man kvm for what arguments exist. See also this thread for some options that might help.

Reactions: Moayad
Hi,
with args you can pass all parameters for QEMU/KVM directly, see man kvm for what arguments exist. See also this thread for some options that might help.
I studied this post and used the solutions from it, but I need more. Could you tell me exactly where to look for man kvm, I'm new to linux, such a command in the command line gives only a small description of kvm.

Yes, it's just the command man kvm. The manual page should contain a lot of information, not just a brief description. Otherwise see here.

You can go to the Options tab of your VM in the web UI and Edit the SMBIOS settings there.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!