VLAN configuration problem

adam99

May 6, 2021
Hi, I want to make my Proxmox to assign address from specific VLAN for the VM. I have configured port on switch for it. Let's say I have got VLAN 1,3 and 99. The Proxmox HV is in VLAN 99 and have an address assigned. On Switch I have this port configured for VLAN 99 as access and VLAN 1 and 3 as tagged. When I create a VM, I choose VLAN tag in machine hardware and then, the machine gets the address from DHCP server. The problems starts when I want to assign machine to VLAN 1 and it does not get the address from 192.168.8.0/24, but instead it gets address from the 99 VLAN where Hypervisor is assigned. Is this issue caused by the network configuration that default VLAN is also 1 VLAN and thats why the machine treats it as its own VLAN? Or can I somehow reconfigure it? VLAN 3 works as expected and thats why I am asking.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!