virtual network between server and vm

giovannirizzello

Jul 28, 2024
hi, I'm really a noob here so excuse me if this is some really easy stuff but I cant figure it out. I've got a vm with my gpu, wifi and usb cards passed, so I use it as a desktop. my ethernet port isn't passed to anything cuz that's how I connect promos to my network. I want to unplug it, but still be able to use the web interface, so I want to set up a virtual network that allows me to view the proxmox web ui from the VM's browser, any help would be really appreciated. thanks :)

Sidenote though:
If you unplug your proxmox from the internet, it will also not be able to get updates, nor will you be able to reach it from outside of the VM if something breaks on the VM that you need the proxmox-gui to fix (console directly via attaching a screen/keyboard will be a possibility though)
So maybe just keeping it as-is would be better.

Sidenote though:
If you unplug your proxmox from the internet, it will also not be able to get updates, nor will you be able to reach it from outside of the VM if something breaks on the VM that you need the proxmox-gui to fix (console directly via attaching a screen/keyboard will be a possibility though)
So maybe just keeping it as-is would be better.
I know but I can't really leave it plugged in 24/7, but if I need it I can still plug the cable in when I need it

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!