View logs per VM/CT?

hi,

Is there a way to view logs per VM/CT?
what logs do you want to view?

do you want the syslog from all the guests you're running? or what are you looking for exactly? (we don't have a feature like this)

hi,

what logs do you want to view?

do you want the syslog from all the guests you're running? or what are you looking for exactly? (we don't have a feature like this)

Just per VM system logs. For example, I am having issues with pci passthrough though in amongst my logs are a bunch of other things related to random workers and backups. I'm assuming that you don't have a feature like that because it doesn't really exist?

I'm assuming that you don't have a feature like that because it doesn't really exist?
there is qemu-guest-agent but that doesn't do what you want...
so yep. you'll need to use a separate monitoring/logging solution for that and probably install agents inside your VMs or set up log forwarding to rsyslog (we can't really do this in a reliable way since the VM OS can be literally anything ;) )

Reactions: medicineman25

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!