Very slow download speed on host (NUC12PRO)

NICOSS0013

Apr 29, 2023
I received my NUC12PRO 2 months ago. Since then everything went well, I had a very good network connection (1500 Mbs donwload connected to ethernet). One day I wake up and notice my download speed was very slow. This has been the case for 1 week now....

Current Speedtest :
Download : 50-100 Mbps
Upload : 680 Mbps
I'm running Proxmox v7

What I've already tried :
- Connect my computer to the same ethernet cable that was connected to my server, and got 650 Mbps download and upload
- Speedtest on another VM and I'm getting the same bad result.
- Reboot the server
- iperf3 between Proxmox host and VM got me 60.7 Gbits/s . Between VM and VM 35 Gbps/s
- ethtool tell that the negotiated speed for the interface is 10 Gbps
- wget to download test file give me 2.18 MB/s
- deactivate IPV6

I really don't know where it come from, if you have any idea , I'll be glad to try it !

Same problem here with an Asus PN42 (Realtek 8125 2.5GbE) and Proxmox VE 8.0.4

Last edited:
An update on my situation. (Proxmox VE 8.0.4 - Realtek RTL8125 2.5 GbE)

I was experiencing normal upload speed (full Gigabit) but very limited download speed (~ 160Mb/s) in my VMs when using vmbr0.

I tried installing r8125-dkms drivers from the non-free repository and blacklisting r8169.
Rebooted, checked that the new driver was loaded, tried to speedtest again.

Both speeds are now normal (full gigabit).

Hope this can help someone.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!