VE can't see outside of subnet when a VM is using bridged mode

jemenake

Aug 30, 2015
i haven't had the opportunity to really test out all of the symptoms, but it seems as though my VE server has lost connectivity to outside the subnet it's on. It used to be able to (because I was able run apt-get to install updates), but now it can't. The only significant networking change I have made, since then, is i have switched a few VM's to use bridging so that they can get real IPs from our DHCP server.

The really strange bit is that I'm able to access the bridged VM's from outside the subnet. It's just that I can't reach the actual VE host from outside the subnet (nor can it initiate a connection to outside the subnet; apt-get fails with DNS timeouts).

I haven't the first clue what might be causing such a weird issue. Any idea where I should start looking?

could it be that your switch is reacting strangely to the fact it now sees multiple MACs adresses on the same port ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!