v7.1-2 = no network. v7.0-2 = all fine

mkp

Jan 10, 2022
I'm trying Proxmox on a Minisforum HX90 (AMD 5900HX CPU). First I installed v7.1-2 but during boot, there were several issues and in the end there was no usable network.

After trying to troubleshoot I gave up and tried v7.0-2. This version seems to be much better... much less errors during boot, faster boot and no problem with network connectivity(=Proxmox has IP and can be reached or reach other computers).

Then in v7.0-2 I did a pveupdated and pveupgrade. The result is the same as directly installing v7.1-2 = misery. No network.

For now there is probably nothing I can do to make v7.1-2 work, therefore this post is just a FYI for other Minisforum HX90 users to stay away from v7.1 and for the developers to see what they can change in the next version of Proxmox to make things work as smooth as in v7.0

this is related to the new kernel, you can revert back to the previous version. also have you try the latest prox as being 7.1-1 not 2.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!