v6.1.2 installation not working?

LeLorrain

Mar 26, 2020
Ottawa, Canada
I Decided to try to use Proxmox VE on a separate machine to possibly create a sandbox environment for different O/S, or even use as a backup machine with Ubuntu server on it. After downloading the latest version, I started the installation with the following definitions:

> rpool Root device with two 500GB HDD in a ZFS Raid 1 config.
> rpool Data device with two 8TB HDD also in a ZFS Raid 1 config (to be added later?)

The installation when smoothly until the first reboot when I get an error telling me that there is "no root device specified." and get to a command prompt "(initramfs)" with the 'buit-in commands' not helping much.

What can I do now?

RD

Proxmox Computer:
MB.: Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4
CPU: Intel Core I3-9100F @3.6Mhz
RAM: Corsair DDR4 16GB (2x8) @3000Hz
Video: AMD Radeon HD6870 c/w DDR5 1GB
Monitors: 2 x Samsung Syncmaster 2443BW @ 1920x1200x32 (one shared from Linux Comp. with KVM)
HDD: 2 x WD HDD 500GB
2 x WD HDD 1TB

Last edited:
Please post all details about your hardware.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!