[SOLVED] Using a NIC with dual ethernet connection

you need in my opinion remove the bond and then dedicate one interface for management and the other for your virtual machines. i should have a screenshot of how I would set it up shortly
like this?

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2019-03-04 01-42-00.png
    Screenshot from 2019-03-04 01-42-00.png
    175.5 KB · Views: 18
you will want to change the ip of vmbr0 to your management IP but do not assigned an address on vmbr1, you would assign the ip inside the vm(s)

Attachments

• sample.png
    sample.png
    307.5 KB · Views: 13
glad you got it working again. just remember to edit your original post and mark it solved after you make sure it's working after the reboot.

glad you got it working again. just remember to edit your original post and mark it solved after you make sure it's working after the reboot.
Management interface is where it should be (using vmbr0 now), now I am trying to setup the interfaces (with vmbr1). But when I try to ping a host it simply fails.

Post a screenshot of the VMs network interface file as well as a screenshot of your nodes network settings in the proxmox web interface. Let's see where the issue is hiding now.

If you goto the console for that vm and login, I assum a linux distro. Can you screenshot the /etc/network/interfaces file contents for me.

Two things can you ping either the proxmox node or say googles dns server from the vm?

What is the output of this command: ip addr show when run in the VMS console

Just confirming that your second nic port is connected to the same switch or router as the first one? They are 2 separate cables correct?

Just confirming that your second nic port is connected to the same switch or router as the first one? They are 2 separate cables correct?
Yes there are 2 separate cables. Tomorrow I am going to check that and I will give feedback here. Thanks for help. Bye

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!