Use PsExec to run commands on user session via qemu guest agent

Feb 24, 2022
Hi,

I'm trying to execute a script on a vm via the qemu guest agents api exec. However all the commands get executed without a connection the the current user session. so when I for example run powershell via the api it only shows up in task manger as a process but does not show the console on the GUI. Therefore my idea was to run Psexec on the remote machine with the -i flag but still no luck. don't see anything in the GUI

Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks

Hello,

The QEMU Guest Agent is running as NT Authority\SYSTEM which means if you a command e.g., `whoami` you will see that you are running as SYSTEM, which means you run a powershell.exe/notebad.exe, etc.. with high integrity and your user with low/medium integrity.

EDIT: Use Process Explorer to see which integrity level your programs are running at.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!