[URGENT] Force Migration for VM's First Hypervisor not repsponding properly

MasterGberry

Jul 9, 2013
Hi. I cannot seem to migrate my data from my first proxmox node to my second. I am in dire need of help as all of my VM's on the first node are not online at the moment.

The GUI does not seem to want to work. How can I force a migration? I have had no luck with the command line either so far.

Code:
root@proxmox1:~# vzmigrate {REMOTE_IP} 100
Error: CT #100 doesn't exist
I really need to get this stuff back online on my second node so I can try and find out what is wrong with the first node.

Last edited:
Sigh, after rebooting about 3-4 times and unlocking the vm's and playing around with crud i managed to finally get it to migrate. I still think the hardware is failing and have had my box pulled for inspection.

Thanks.

Please use 'pvectl migrate' instead of 'vzmigrate'

# pvectl migrate <vmid> <targetnode>

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!