Ups NUT issue

d_G

May 17, 2024
Hi,
I would try to manage this scenario:
Ups connected to a qnap,
proxmox with nut server need to be capable to switch OFF, after a time, properly,
using proxmox shell :now with upsc nameups@ip_qnap I got all the states of the ups,

BUT I need to put somewhere password and nameups... on proxmox nut files... someone can put me in the right way?

Thank you

Just doing a search on web will show all or if not.. going to page 3 you see a full post about a full config. and on page 5-6 another thread.. all about nut.
But read the manual as step and call to shutdown have multiple link that you are only one you can choose to your fit.

Yes, there is a ton of stuff about out there, but some commands used and copied are not really well explained : earlyshutdown/commbad (not using an usb cable as in my config)

Nut as server works (!) but as client instead I have strange error:
systemctl status nut-client
Code:
  nut-monitor[73395]: addchar: discarding invalid character (0x80)!
  nut-monitor[73395]: addchar: discarding invalid character (0x9c)!
  nut-monitor[73395]: addchar: discarding invalid character (0xe2)!
  nut-monitor[73395]: addchar: discarding invalid character (0x9d)!
Login on UPS [nameups@IP] failed - got [ERR ACCESS-DENIE>

what the error stay for? what file contains the wrong char (no strange pw at all! )?

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!