Update Problems

S.Cevik

Jan 18, 2023
Hello all,

I am fairly new to this Debian and Lenux thing. I am a first-semester IT-Student from Germany and am looking for some help here. I installed a Proxmox VE on an old PC of mine in 2020 and booted it up aigain today. The goal beeing to firsty learn about Lenux and Debian and, secondly to someday host game servers and create a NAS.

I have tried updating my Server by going to the update section -> then clicking on refreshing (which too, has shown me an error code) -> and then clicking on update. I'm not quite sure what the problem is, but somehow it tells me lot about not having found certain things.

I have seen people online using "apt-get update" and "apt-get upgrade", both of which I have tried but without avail. Due to my Noobieness in regards to Linuxe and Debian I would ask you to keep it simple with your answers or rather explain them so that I might even learn something.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

S.C.

Attachments

• Version.png
    Version.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Update section.png
    Update section.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 11
  • upt-get update 2.png
    upt-get update 2.png
    802.6 KB · Views: 9
  • uapt-get update 1.png
    uapt-get update 1.png
    801.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Task viewer - Update package database.png
    Task viewer - Update package database.png
    101.7 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: leesteken

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!