Unusual output while migrating VM in cluster

AraToken

Jul 8, 2021
Hello!

While trying to migrate one of my VMs in our cluster i noticed some unusual outputs from the task viewer:

PVE migrate.png

I've migrated a few vms before but never actually saw something like that before.
I checked the most common PVE services but they all seem to work fine. I would also like to mention that i do not have HA activated for the vm.

Currently using the following pve version on the cluster:

proxmox-ve: 7.3-1 (running kernel: 5.13.19-6-pve)
pve-manager: 7.4-3 (running version: 7.4-3/9002ab8a)
pve-kernel-helper: 7.3-8

Anyone got an idea what this is or where it comes from? Is it perhaps a bug?

Thank you in advance for advice!

EDIT: Sorry i just noticed that in fact the node where i try to move the vm to does not use the same version but instead the following:

proxmox-ve: 7.4-1 (running kernel: 5.15.85-1-pve)
pve-kernel-5.15: 7.4-1

Might this be the cause or at least related?

Last edited:
Hi,

Might this be the cause or at least related?
We recommend the nodes in the cluster should be the same version, however, in order to narrow down the issue I would ask you:
1. Is only the specific VM migrated to have this output?
2. Is the migration process works? i.e. the VM went to the target node?

Can you do an update to this node
proxmox-ve: 7.4-1 (running kernel: 5.15.85-1-pve)
pve-kernel-5.15: 7.4-1

Bash:
apt update && apt dist-upgrade

Then test the same VM to migrate?

Hello Moyad!

thank you for your response! I can confirm that the migration itself worked without problems. There were no errors that occured and the VM itself also worked after the migration.
I tried to move another VM (in the same cluster) and got the same error messages so it was not only that one case.
I will try and check when i can upgrade the node to the same version asap. I will notify you if it changed anything.

Thank you and best regards!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!